Monday, April 8, 2013

MARGARET THATCHER HAS DIED

MARGARET THATCHER HAS DIED
A COMMENTARY

   My heart is saddened today at the news that Margaret Thatcher has died.  I lived during the period of time when Prime Minister Thatcher was a force to be reckoned with.  She was powerful and gracious.  She firmly held her beliefs.  I don't remember a time when she "evolved" on her core beliefs.  It was always "full steam ahead", explaining her views and convincing others to join her in accomplishing her goals.
   Backbone, dedication, selflessness.  I believe these are words which are synonymous with Prime Minister Thatcher.  She and President Reagan were a formidable team.  They took on the world and pressed ahead on their agenda which they believed was in the best interest of those they served. There was no wanting to govern by "polls", but rather informing the citizens so they could make an informed decision. They both also knew that sometimes they had to compromise on a few details as long as their core was intact.
   Geraldine Ferraro did not receive my support in 1984, even though there was a lot of hype about her being the first female vice-presidential candidate.  That was fine, but she had no substance.  Her world view and mine were at odds with each other.  Hillary Clinton is the same.  Just being female is not enough to receive my support, neither is being half black. I look at a candidate by the "content of their character".  Prime Minister Thatcher had the same world view as I and she had my full support.
   May God bless you, Prime Minister.  You were a blessing to this world and will be sorely missed.  I can think of no MAN in politics in the past ten years who could hold a candle to you.  Maybe this new Congress might take notes.

What are your thoughts?

You are invited to visit with Oma at her other sites:  http://omaswisdom.blogspot.com and http://omaslife.blogppot.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment